We’re looking for a freelance Advertising Sales Executive to join our team!
Berkhamsted and Tring Living Magazines have been publishing quality local magazines since 2001 and are very well established and highly respected. The two magazines are delivered to 11,500 and 10,500 households and businesses respectively in HP4 (Berkhamsted) and HP23 (Tring), by the Royal Mail Door to Door service, plus a small additional number for the Tring issue to LU7 0 and LU7 9 via Sure 2 Door.
We currently have a high level of repeat business, though no doubt this can be improved upon and there are new businesses coming into the area which are untapped. We would also like to develop new opportunities for sponsorship. We enjoy a number of inbound advertising enquiries.
This would suit someone who is happy to work remotely – currently self-employed and looking to extend their existing hours or client base, or someone thinking of going freelance with multiple clients.
We’re looking to develop a long term, mutually beneficial relationship with the right individual to sell our advertising space.
Requirements of the Role:
- This role is predominantly for tele-sales (email and phone) and requires around 8 hours per week tbc.
- Responsibility for the sale of adverts/sponsorship in both Tring Living and Berkhamsted Living in line with the rate card – using MagManager and directories (on and offline).
- To represent and be the face of Living Magazines with regards to advertising sales and to present a professional face in line with Living Magazines’ ethos. Individual will be included on the team page of the website.
- Account management skills to build relationships in order to gain trust and repeat business whilst considering features and seasonality of business. Collect testimonials where possible.
- Book adverts onto MagManager, send confirmation and chase outstanding artwork.
Requirements of the Individual:
- A desire and ability to develop relationships in order to aim for consistency rather than short term gain.
- Pleasant telephone manner is essential.
- Self-motivated, professional, friendly, personable and approachable.
- Adherence to APM’s data protection policy.
- Freelance status and ability to work under own initiative with little supervision.
- Advertising sales
- Account management
- Good administration
- Technically proficient
A basic hourly rate will be paid, supplemented by a percentage commission on new adverts sold. Minimum revenue targets will be set. Invoices will be paid monthly and should be submitted at the end of each month with a relevant time sheet. The commission will only be paid once the magazine has gone to print – upon receipt of any invoice at the end of the relevant month.
If you think you’re the right person for the job, please send your CV and a covering email to email@example.com.