APM WEBSITE Cookie & Privacy notice
NB. Tring and Berkhamsted Living Magazines is a trading name of APM.
Alison Page Marketing is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected in line with the current data protection legislation. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Alison Page Marketing may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy has been updated on 22 May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, job title and company name
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided – but only if you have consented to us doing so.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes – if you have consented to us doing so. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies are also utilised on social media sites such as, but not restricted to: YouTube, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Google+, Mailchimp newsletter sign-ups and Google Analytics.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your rights are as follows (noting that these rights don’t apply in all circumstances and that data portability is only relevant from 25 May 2018).
- The right to be informed about our processing of your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data corrected if its inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed;
- The right to object to processing of your personal data;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data erased (the ‘right to be forgotten’);
- The right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it;
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data (‘data portability); and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making including profiling.
Controlling your personal information
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about APM or third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the address below or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like details of the information held on you, please send an email to: email@example.com or write to the address below.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to the below address, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- If you would like the information that we hold on you removed, please email email@example.com or write to the address below.
Write to us at: Alison Page Marketing, 4 Jubilee Gardens, Tring, Herts HP23 4JG.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.