Advice to Parents and Carers

Living Magazines OWL Card Minders

Our thanks to Neighbourhood Watch for this update.

This is a challenging time for parents and children particularly if children are unwell and you are worried.

It can be difficult to know what to do – if you should ring 111, take them to a GP, or attend the Emergency Department.

The attached RCPCH guidance for Parents/Carers supports you to make the right decision.

  • If you are in the GREEN section care for them at home or ring 111 if you are worried
  • If you are in the AMBER section ring your GP or 111
  • If you are in the RED section go to nearest Emergency Department or ring 999.

GP practices and hospitals are open if you require them.

Please read the attached guidance.

Hertfordshire Safeguarding Children’s Partnership.