With an expected reopening on 4 July, Cecily Spa is one of the first spas in the UK ready to welcome back clients. The spa has implemented extensive social distancing measures to ensure that both staff and clients will be safe as they return for the ultimate relaxation experience.
Beauty entrepreneur and founder of the Silver Fern Group, Haylee Benton, who specialises in turning around failing beauty business says: ‘While opening our doors is a few weeks away, we’re making sure that we’re really prepared ahead of 4 July. We want to trial our safety measures before opening our doors to protect the safety of our staff and our customers as best as we possibly can.
‘This will mean a loss of 300 available appointment slots per week, but by planning ahead, we can hopefully look to avoid putting our prices up and still bring our ‘hybrid-spa’ concept – affordable prices/luxe experiences – to our customers as we always have.
‘We are taking pre-bookings now and are sharing all of our safety measures with customers in advance so they can feel safe and fully prepared for the experience ahead, while still coming to enjoy some time for themselves after what has obviously been an extremely difficult time.’
Part of the Silver Fern Group portfolio, Cecily Spa is leading the way in making the following preparations to ensure the safety of staff and customers:
- PPE – high-quality masks, gloves and visors used during treatment that’s replaced after every appointment
- One full-time cleaner dedicated solely to maintaining strict sanitation
- Divider sneeze screens on manicure tables between the therapist and client
- Clients will be required to wear facemasks – Cecily Spa can provide these if necessary
- Social distancing stickers will be laid out on the floor with clear signage indicating where to stand
- Customer appointment times will be staggered, and clients will need to arrive at the time of their appointment
- Checking everyone’s temperature before starting treatment
- Clients required to use hand sanitiser on arrival
- Online consultations will be required before any appointment which will serve as a declaration of COVID history as well as the usual medical questions
- Couples massage will only be offered to those living in the same household
- Magazines, phone charges, drinks in glasses, lunches won’t be offered
- 100% payment will be taken upfront to reduce contact. Cecily Spa has an online client log in area where customers can pay for treatment and also for product. Cecily Spa also has a booking app which is available to download from the app store
- All staff have also undertaken extensive COVID safety training.
Cecily Spa is an award-winning ‘hybrid spa’. Providing the luxe setting and customer experience of a premium spa, while being totally accessible for customers in terms of high-street location, treatment prices, and the convenience of being able to have multiple treatments at the speed of a lunch break (if required) or, over the duration of a relaxing day.
Treatments available include everything from facials and body treatments to nails, threading and tanning – all facilitated by expert therapists using only cruelty-free brands.
To find out more, and to be added to the priority appointment list, please visit www.cecilydayspa.co.uk.