Beechwoods is about to celebrate its 10th Christmas!
The build-up to Christmas…
Back this year by popular demand, Beechwoods will be open until 7pm every Thursday from 14 November for late night shopping, perusing and tasting as well as demonstrating some of the finest British cheeses to help you decide on that all-important Christmas cheeseboard selection!
They are also going to be at a number of events in the run-up to Christmas and hope you might be able to come along and join in the fun; these events often offer unique, not-on-the-High-Street gifts as well as raising cash for many deserving causes:
- Sunday 10 November, Hospice of Francis Winter Market at the Harpenden Public Halls: 10am-4pm. For more details visit the Hospice’s website.
- Saturday 23 November, PACE Christmas Fair Gatehouse Conference Centre Aylesbury: 11am-3pm. For more details visit the Pace website.
- Sunday 24 November, Tring Park School Christmas Fair – a great chance to have a wander around the Mansion and to get into the Christmas spirt listening to the carols. You can find further information on the Tring Park School Facebook page, it runs from 2-5.30pm.
- Friday 29 November, Tring Christmas Festival – Always a highlight of the calendar, the Tring Christmas Festival is one of the largest in the area with free entry and open from 6.30-9.30pm. Find out more from the Tring Together website.
- Saturday 30 November, Hospice of St Francis Winter Market at Aubury Park Hotel Redbourn: 10am-4pm. For more details visit the Hospice’s website.
- Saturday 14 December, Tring Shop Local and Christmas farmer’s market. There will be lots going on in Tring, so why go anywhere else? There will be entertainment, competitions and carol singing and it’s a great day to support your local businesses and producers.
Gifts and Hampers to Suit all Budgets and Tastes
The popularity of Beechwood gift hampers has grown each year and they have something to suit all budgets and tastes, and the beauty of a gift hamper is that it can be completely personalised. The wicker and reed baskets come in a range of sizes, starting from as little as £5.00, or choose one of the gift boxes which are 100% recyclable. From there the choice is endless, as Beechwoods take a lot of pleasure in stocking only the finest, locally-sourced and British products.
All hampers are made up to order so you know that the gift you give will be truly personal. All you need to do is choose the gifts to be included in the basket of your choice, then leave it with Beechwoods to complete ready for you to collect! What could be easier and more enjoyable than selecting from our range of fine festive foods and local produce, safe in the knowledge that every item in the hamper will be loved and appreciated? They will also have a licence in the run-up to Christmas so you can include their favourite tipple too!
Christmas Order Form
The order form – click here to download – includes some of the most popular ranges particularly at Christmas. New for this year are 4-person and 8-person cheese selections, as well as lots of the new cheeses Toby and Sarah have tried and enjoyed this year together with the perennial favourites such as the Woburn Country pies and King’s Farm ham.
Sarah’s Award-winning Marmalades, Jams and Chutneys
This year Sarah has again enjoyed success at the Great Taste Awards, with Poachers Pickle and Dark and Chunky Marmalade. Not only are these perfect for your own table but they also make great gifts. Don’t forget Sarah’s Cranberry and Redcurrant Sauce is perfect with ham or turkey and the ever-popular rich and sticky Christmas Chutney goes brilliantly with cold cuts and cheeses.
All of these are in limited quantities so please do place your order for these items as soon as possible. Sarah has also been busy preparing rich fruit cakes and mince pies, again available to order only.
…and finally the cheese course!
This year has been perhaps the most exciting for discovering new cheeses to whet the appetite; one of these is ‘Stithians’ and Beechwoods are proud to have it this Christmas before it is widely available. Affectionately nicknamed ‘Naked Yarg’ it comes from the same creamery as Yarg and Kern, a delightful hard cheese to grace any cheeseboard, but you will have to pre-order it…!