Berkhamsted Heritage Open Days
You’ll be pleased to hear that the Heritage Open Days for 2020 are not dead and will be running in a reduced form and format from 11-20 September. And remember, all tours are free.
The following require pre-booking:
- THE LOST WHARVES OF BERKHAMSTED: A guided tour of yesterday’s canal. Wednesday 16 September 10am
- PETER’S CHURCH AND THE COURT HOUSE: Learn more of the historical and the architectural features. Sunday 20 September 3pm
- REPTON’S ASHRIDGE: A guided tour of the gardens designed by Repton and others. Tuesday 15 September 2.15pm and Thursday 17 September 2.15pm
- A WALK INTO THE PAST: BERKHAMSTED PLACE, SUCCESSOR TO THE CASTLE: Tours on Saturday 12 September 2pm. Will also include a visit to the Medieval Great Barn.
- A RADICAL VILLAGE: THE BAPTISTS IN NORTHCHURCH: Tour Saturday 19 September 2pm
- A WALK BACK IN TIME: A GUIDED TOUR OF BERKHAMSTED’S HISTORIC CENTRE: Tours on Saturday 12 September 2pm and Thursday 17 September 10am
The following events are online and are available for the duration of the festival from 11-20 September. Access links are available from Jenny Sherwood. Contact details below:
- THE BATTLE OF BERKHAMSTED COMMON – THE POWER OF THE PEOPLE: How the common was saved from enclosure
- BERKHAMSTED FOUNDLING HOSPITAL – MEMORIES OF CHILDHOOD: Two former Foundlings who spent their childhood years in the Foundling hospital in Berkhamsted have recorded their memories of their childhood as a tour of the school is not possible this year
- GET TO KNOW BERKHAMSTED CANAL – ACTIVITIES FOR ALL THE FAMILY: A range of activities relating to the canal from its creation in 1798 to the present day enable residents and visitors alike to learn its history and enjoy its nature
For bookings, further enquiries or to access links please contact Jenny Sherwood on 01442 865158 or KSherw9100@aol.com.