Burglary in Longfield Road, Tring
On Wednesday 19 April 2023 between 9am and 10.30pm, an offender committed a burglary in Longfield Road in Tring.
If you or your neighbours have any information relating to this crime, or if you have captured any relevant footage on your CCTV or doorbell camera, please contact the police non-emergency number 101, quoting crime number 41/31584/23 Alternatively, you can give information anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Please be vigilant and do report any suspicious activity or behaviour in the area.
Tips to prevent burglary
- Check downstairs windows and doors are securely locked before you leave or go to bed.
- Secure UPVC doors by lifting the handle and locking it to engage the security features.
- Don’t leave keys, phones or other valuables on windowsills or in any other visible place.
- Securely lock rear gates, sheds and garages.
- Keep tools and ladders locked away, as they could be used to break into your home.
- Use laminate glass where possible for any rear doors or windows. If this is not practicable, consider the use of security film over existing windows.
- Use a ‘Fake TV’ or timer switches on lamps to give the impression someone is at home.
- Consider using a doorbell camera, interior camera, or a monitored burglar alarm.
- Consider adding trellis to any side or rear boundaries to add extra height up to a maximum of 2 metres.
For more detailed advice, including a printable Home Security Self-Assessment, please visit the ‘Protect Your Home’ section of Hertfordshire Constabulary’s website: Crime prevention advice | Hertfordshire Constabulary (herts.police.uk)