As we previously reported, by popular demand, The Chilterns Heritage Festival is returning for its second year.
From 21 September until 6 October, there will be a series of exciting events across the region, designed to celebrate the diverse heritage of the Chilterns.
Including exclusive visits to iconic Chiltern houses, historical open days, heritage walks and countless other special events, this festival will help you learn about your local heritage and open it up to people who live both within the Chilterns and beyond. The festival will bring together historic buildings, museums, landscapes and organisations charged with keeping our heritage alive.
- 21 September, 11am-1pm and 2pm-4pm – Rectory Lane Cemetery Storytelling and Performances with Ella Buchan. £8-£17
- 22 September, 2pm-5pm – Roald Dahl Exclusive Archive Tour and Afternoon Tea at the Roald Dahl Museum, Great Missenden. £12.50-£18.50
- 23 September, 10.15am-1pm – Ashridge History Walk starting from the National Trust visitor centre. £4-£6
- 25 September, 4.30pm-6.30pm – Frogmore Paper Mill tour. £5.50-£11
- 28 September, 11am-12pm – Tring Brewery tour. £7-£11
- 3 October, 10am-1pm – Ancient Woodland Walk at Hockeridge and Pancake Woods. £5-£8
- 6 October 12.45pm-2pm – Natural History Museum, Tring exclusive out of hours tour. £9-£11
Visit www.chilternsociety.org.uk for more information.