The 9th Chilterns Walking Festival will take place 21 May-5 June. It will feature a programme of over 70 walks and events throughout the Chilterns. There are a number of new walking experiences on offer this year, along with themed walks designed to celebrate some special anniversaries. Here is a flavour of what’s on offer:
- Guided walks and events taking in some of our precious chalk streams to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Chalk Streams project: Includes a River Chess Discovery sessions for kids, with a walk and scavenger hunt, stories, craft and songs.
- Nature walks at Barton Hills and Aston Rowant National Nature Reserves to celebrate the 70th Anniversary of National Nature Reserves. Join the Natural England rangers to see the wildlife that makes them so special.
- Lacemaking and cream tea experience in Marlow – Bobbie will take you on a guided walk around historic Marlow, followed by a lacemaking session and afternoon tea.
- Jubilee Walk – discover the Hedgerley Wood Deep Time walk in the hills above Chinnor followed by a scenic steam train ride.
- Wildsong Walks – come and sing in King’s Wood! This ancient beech woodland has an abundance of wild songs. Share simple walking chants and songs of the woods and of the beings that live there.
- Climate Action – connect with others on this walk and talk in the beautiful hills around Princes Risborough
- …plus map reading courses, pub walks, local produce tasting, Midsomer on the Misbourne walks, Hillfort and historic garden tours and much more.