Chilterns Walking Festival Programme Now Live
The 11th Chilterns Walking Festival will take place 20 May – 4 June. It will feature a programme of over 60 walks and events throughout the Chilterns. A chance to enjoy the splendour of the landscape at its springtime best. There are a number of new walking experiences on offer, a selection below:
- Author and founder of Pause Global Danielle North will be joining Walk Works on their River & Woodland loop from Shiplake on 26 May and will offer a guided meditation from her new book ‘Walking Meditations’.
- Birdsong and wildflowers of spring on 21 May: Walk through a range of landscapes with interesting birds and wildflowers and lovely views, taking in the Hartslock Nature Reserve and the Thames Path. At a lunch stop at Path Hill Farm we’ll light our own fire and brew a hot drink, learning how to catch a spark and make a flame.
- Sunrise & Sunset Walks: Enjoy the dawn chorus with an early-morning Skylark Walk on 25 May or watch the sun setting over the beautiful Bradenham Valley on a Bradenham Woods Sunset Walk on 24 May.
- Fancy a challenge? Why not join the historic Beating the Bounds walk in Chesham on 20 May (a whopping 25 miles!) for a symbolic centuries old custom of walking the parish boundary. Or enjoy the ups and downs of the Chilterns Three Peaks on 24 May, a 7-mile route visiting 3 of the highest peaks in the Chilterns. Stunning views guaranteed!
- Join the friendly Salaam Seekers (a Muslim Women’s Outdoor Activities Group) for a Mindful Maharani Meander in Stoke Row on 25 May, and finish with a complimentary drink and cake in the local cafe.
- Half-term family walks, including South Stoke River & Picnic walk on 2 June and nature-spotting activities.
- There are lots of map reading and navigation courses to help you plan or lead your own walks, including a Nav and Natter (Navigation for Women, on several dates) and half-day practical map reading & walk planning sessions (also several dates) led by Stuart Fletcher.
- Celebrate the Chilterns chalk streams and revitalisation of the Chess Valley Walk with a River Chess discovery day at Chesham Moor (lots of family friendly nature activities) and guided walks in the Chess Valley to see the Mayfly and explore the local heritage.
…plus historic garden tours, film location tours, mindfulness walks, Nordic walking and much more.
For details of all these walks visit: www.chilternsaonb.org/walkingfest
To keep updated join the Chilterns Walking Festival Facebook page.