The next Chilterns Walking Festival will take place between 18th May and 2nd June. This spring’s event offers an exciting programme of over 80 guided walks and special activities led by expert local guides who will bring the area to life, with lots of walks and events in the Tring and Berkhamsted area:
- Dawn Chorus at Tring Park, 2nd May , led by the Woodland Trust
- Woodland cooking walk! Sunday 19th May (David Willis Bushcraft).
- Lure of the woods: a walk along Chiltern hills and through woodlands, with refreshment stop at a private woodland camp, there’ll be a kettle simmering and the option to cook your lunch over the campfire!
- Family Bushcraft, Thursday 30th May (half-term holiday) with David Willis Bushcraft
- Rothschild walk 29th May around Tring, Marsworth and back along the Wendover Arm Canal
- Wild garlic walk, foraging and food demonstrations
- Chilterns Hillfort and archaeology walks, learning the fascinating history of the iron age hillforts
Keep an eye on the festival website for updates!