The Refill Pantry is a newly-opened independent ‘Zero Waste’ Shop in the centre of Berkhamsted offering customers a new way to shop that harks back to the old way of shopping – bring your own container and fill as much or as little as you like of what they sell.
Pasta, rice, lentils, nuts, cereals, herbs, oils and vinegars, cleaning products, toiletries, are all sold by weight or volume. Most products are organic, all are ethically sourced, and where possible they are local.
- The rapeseed oil is from Chiltern Oils, teas are blended by company in Bishop Stortford and Ampthill and the granola is made fresh by Dizzy Bee in St Albans and is a best seller in The Refill Pantry there
- The shop sells deodorants, soaps, dental bath and beauty products
- Cleaning liquid refills are bestsellers
How the packaging works:
- Most dried wholefoods come to The Refill Pantry in 25kg paper sacks
- Liquids come in 15-litre containers that the suppliers take back, clean out, refill and bring back for a truly circular economy
The Refill Pantry is one of a growing number of Zero Waste Shops opening around the country catering to the increased awareness of the need to reduce both our rubbish and our recycling and move towards REUSING instead.
It has two shops in Hertfordshire, one in St Albans (est.2018) and one in Sandridge (est.2020) within a farm shop.
The Refill Pantry is delighted to have been a finalist for the following for its shop in St Albans: the Chamber of Commerce Community Business Awards in the category of Green Business in 2018 and 2019, the New Business in 2020, The Mayors Pride Award in 2019 and the best food and drink shop in the St Albans Food and Drink Festival in 2019.
The Refill Pantry is located at 41 Lower Kings Road, Berkhamsted HP4 2AB
Tel: 01442 873998
Facebook: The Refill Pantry