The Government has released more information on the grants available to businesses within the tourism and hospitality sectors:
Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant
This fund is available to leisure businesses that provide opportunities, experiences and facilities, in particular for culture, recreation, entertainment, celebratory events and days and nights out. The full list of applicable businesses is featured on the Visit Herts website here.
The key features of this grant include:
- Businesses will be required to self-certify with an application to the local authority they pay their business rates to.
- Funding will be made available to local authorities in January 2022. The scheme will close for applications on 28 February 2022 and all final payments must be made and dispersed to recipients by 31 March 2022.
- Businesses with a rateable value of up to £15k will get £2,667
- Businesses with a rateable value above £15k but less than £51k will get £4,000
- Businesses with a rateable value over £51k will get £6,000
Additional Restrictions Grants (ARG)
All ARG funding, including this third round must be distributed by 31 March 2022. ARG is allocated at the discretion of distributing local authorities, however, this grant has been designed to support those who may have missed out on the Omicorn Hospitality and Leisure Grant. The full list of applicable businesses is featured on the Visit Herts website here.
How do I access these grants?
Businesses must apply to the local authority they pay their business rates to for both the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant and the Additional Restrictions Grant. Visit Herts will update their website when they have the links to the application details from each of the local authorities.