Delicious served warm with some whipped cream, ice cream, or just with a cup of coffee, this Bakewell Tart is a perfect teatime treat for the whole family.
- 200g shortcrust pastry
- 2tbsp raspberry jam
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g soft margarine
- 2 medium eggs
- 80g ground almonds
- 60g plain flour
- 1tsp almond essence
- 40g flaked almonds
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 160C, Gas Mark 3.
- Line an 8in shallow round tin with shortcrust pastry.
- Make fork holes in the base then spoon in the jam and spread evenly.
- Beat margarine and sugar till well combined then add in the eggs and essence.
- Fold in the flour and ground almonds then put on top of the jam base and level out.
- Top with flaked almonds and bake for 45-50mins or when the sponge bounces back if you touch it.
- Allow to cool then remove from tin and dust with icing sugar.
With thanks to Suzanne Maccaig from Rumbles: rumblescatering.co.uk