This delicious chocolate brownie recipe comes from Rumbles Catering.
- 200g dark chocolate
- 200g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 120g self-raising flour (or Gluten Free Flour)
How to Make It
- First, line an 8-inch square cake tin with baking paper.
- Heat the oven to 150C.
- Gently melt the butter and chocolate together over a saucepan of gently simmering water or gradually in a microwave. Do not allow it to boil. Sit to one side and allow to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together until they start to thicken – they should create fine ribbons on the surface when you lift the spoon up.
- Pour the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture and stir together, being careful not to knock too much of the air out.
- Sieve the flour into the chocolate mixture and carefully fold everything together.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until there is a slight crust on the top. Be careful not to overbake – nobody likes a dry brownie!
- Allow to cool before cutting into pieces and removing from the tin so it doesn’t fall apart.