Lemon Drizzle Cake
It’s the perfect Spring treat – and this Lemon Drizzle Cake from Rumbles will have the whole family reaching for a slice.
- 125g soft margarine
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 125g self raising flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 lemon (grated zest and juice)
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 160C, gas mark 3.
- Grease and line an 8in round cake tin with baking parchment.
- Beat the margarine, lemon zest and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time. The mixture may separate, but add a small spoonful of flour if this happens.
- Carefully fold in the flour and pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. When it’s ready the sponge will spring back when prodded.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for five minutes.
- Sprinkle over half of the granulated sugar, followed by the lemon juice and the remaining sugar to form a crust.
- Leave to cool completely before removing from the tin.
With thanks to Suzanne Maccaig from Rumbles: rumblescatering.co.uk