We all know it’s the thought that counts and with Mother’s Day just a few short weeks away, these crafty ideas are sure to go down a treat!
Tulip in a heart card
What you need:
- White card
- Red, pink, green and orange card or thick paper
- Draw a heart shape on a piece of white card and cut it out.
- Draw a slightly larger heart shape on pink card, cut that out and glue the white heart onto it.
- Cut out a stem and two leaf shapes on green card. Stick them in position on the white heart.
- Fold the heart in half lengthways to make the card shape.
- Cut out three small tulip shapes in red card and three in orange card.
- Fold them all in half lengthways and glue them one by one on to the card – make sure you only glue one side down, leaving the rest loose.
- Close your card. When you reopen it, there should be a 3D tulip!
- Write your message.
Fingerprint Heart Card
What you need:
- 2 sheets of white paper
- Red and pink paints or ink pad
- Black marker pen
- Make a heart stencil by cutting a heart shape out of the paper.
- Place your stencil on top of another piece of white paper.
- Using a black marker, draw a tree shape within the heart shape. Dab your fingers into the paint or ink and stamp them all over the tree branches within the heart shape, right up to the edges of the heart. Keep going until you’ve got enough leaves.
- Remove the stencil to reveal a lovely heart shaped tree! Add more branches if you need, using the marker pen.