- 250g cold butter
- 225g golden caster sugar
- 300g ground almonds
- 140g plain flour, plus 25g
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 8-10 plums, stoned and roughly chopped
- 50g flaked almonds
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180C/ Gas 4/fan 160C
- Line a 20 x 30cm baking tin with baking paper
- Put the butter, sugar and ground almonds into a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles very rough breadcrumbs. Spoon half the mix into a bowl and set aside.
- Add 140g flour to the mix in the processor and whizz to form a dough. Tip into the prepared tin and press down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until golden and leave to cool for 10 mins.
- Set aside a few tablespoons of the remaining mix and put the rest back into the processor. Add the eggs, the 25g flour, cinnamon and baking powder and whizz to a smooth batter.
- Spread over the base, top with the plum pieces and a little extra caster sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 mins, sprinkle with the remaining crumble mix and flaked almonds.
- Cook for another 20 mins or until golden. Leave to cool in the tin before slicing.