Hospice Lottery Summer Superdraw 2020
Local not-for-profit organisation The Hospice Lottery Partnership has launched its annual Summer Superdraw to raise much needed funds for our local hospices who have all experienced an unexpected loss of income in the last few months due to the impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19).
The hospices that will receive funds raised from the Summer Superdraw include:
- Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity based in Aylesbury
- Harlington Hospice based in Harlington
- Michael Sobell Hospice Charity based in Northwood
- Rennie Grove Hospice Care covering Herts and Bucks
- South Bucks Hospice based in High Wycombe
- The Hospice of St Francis based Berkhamsted.
Every ticket sold helps to make a difference to those in need of hospice care. For example,
- £5 could help to pay for a patient’s transport to a day hospice to receive care and support and spend time with other people going through a similar situation
- £10 could help to provide complementary therapies that bring someone comfort and symptom relief from an ongoing illness
- £20 could help towards providing bereavement support for a family that are learning to cope with the loss of a loved one
- £50 could help to provide a visit from a hospice at home nurse to provide nursing care to a patient in their own home
There are some great cash prizes to be won including a top prize of £2,000, second prize of £250, and a third prize of £100. Anyone who buys their tickets before 29 June will also be entered in to a bonus Fast Reply Draw on 8 July for the opportunity to win one of five £20 M&S Gift Cards.
The top prize winner in the Winter Superdraw, Mrs Craig, couldn’t believe her luck when she was told that she had won the top prize back in January. ‘It was a lovely surprise and such a lot of money. Having received treatment for cancer in the past I decided to buy tickets in the Superdraw as I wanted to help support the wonderful care that hospices provide.’
Tickets cost £1 each and are available to buy online at hospicelottery.org.uk/superdraw. Tickets are on sale until 25 August 2020 and the main draw takes place on 26 August 2020.