To support the return of domestic tourism and inspire bookings to Herts, Visit Herts is launching a campaign targeting the domestic market by showcasing Hert’s outstanding food and drink offer and breath-taking landscapes to capitalise on an increased interest in reconnecting with nature and local produce
This campaign will be supported by the national VisitEngland Escape the Everyday campaign and it will build on the existing Gourmet Garden Trails content by adapting the audience to the domestic market and adding new exciting products.
VisitEngland, the tourism partner for the GREAT Campaign, launched in September 2020 a UK-wide domestic marketing campaign, Escape the Everyday. The campaign aims to support the UK tourism industry to recovery by encouraging consumers to explore, discover and treat themselves on a UK short break as and when COVID-19 related restrictions allow and when they are ready to travel. As part of this, Visit Herts along with partner destinations received funding to promote the Gourmet Garden Trails product. The campaign will go live towards the end of May.
To join this nationwide domestic tourism reboot campaign, all food and drink and garden-based experiences (from gardens to vineyards) businesses are invited to join Gourmet Garden Trails. By getting involved you will:
- Be a part of an exciting, new, product that stretches across the popular gourmet, garden outdoor travel market
- Be featured alongside the Flagship Products of the county
- Be part of the nationwide reboot campaign by VisitEngland, Escape the Everyday
- Work alongside partners such as the RHS
- It’s FREE!
- Visit Herts Investor Partners will also feature within flagship campaign content and itineraries as well as having prominence on the homepage
To find out more, take a read of the Gourmet Garden Trails Introduction Document and FAQ’s at the links on the GGT page.
Please be aware the deadline for submissions is 7 May 2020.