Dacorum Borough Council have announced the new parking, access and movement arrangements for the Water Gardens area, Hemel Hempstead starting on Saturday 16 October 2021.
The new arrangements will enable a better flow for car park users and pedestrian access to Hemel Hempstead town centre. It also includes new landscaping along the Leighton Buzzard Road.
Water Gardens North
- Continued entrance and exit to and from Combe Street
- Continued entrance and exit to and from Leighton Buzzard Road
- Resurfaced car park
Water Gardens South
- New entrance only from Leighton Buzzard Road
- New exit only to Bridge Street (one-way only)
- Increased number of dedicated blue badge bays
- Resurfaced parking and new lighting
- Wider footpaths
- Resurfaced footpaths
- Dropped kerbs and tactile pavements