The following summary of planned new and ongoing road improvements over the coming week is correct as of Friday 21 September but could be subject to change due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
M1 junctions 6a to 7: gantry re-cabling
Work continues here on replacing gantry electric cables. There will be carriageway closures overnight from 10pm to 6am, with clearly signed diversions.
- The diversion for the closure is A414 and A405 (North Orbital Road)
- Monday 24 to Friday 28 September, junctions 6a to 7 – M1 southbound closed
- During this work some gantries within these junctions may be decommissioned.
M40 junctions 1 to 15: routine maintenance
Routine maintenance works include of slip roads and through junctions with two lanes. Works include sweeping, drainage cleaning, litter picking, vegetation cutting, white lining, street lighting maintenance, defect repair (including street lighting defects), inspection of the assets including structures and safety fence repair.
These works will continue until late November, over subsequent nights from 8pm, with planned re-opening times 7am on weeknights and 8am on weekends.
- On Monday 24 September there will be a closure on the southbound exit slip at junction 1a from the diverge point with main carriageway to merge point on M25 clockwise and merge point on northbound exit slip.
- There will also be a closure on the southbound entry slip at junction 1a from the diverge point with M25 In both clockwise and anticlockwise positions.
- Exit slip traffic will continue to travel southbound along the M40 and leave at junction 1 exit slip. Turn right and right again to re-join the M40 northbound. Travel north and leave at junction 1a to join M25.
- M25 clockwise traffic will exit M25 early on northbound exit slip and travel north along the M40 and leave at junction 2. At the roundabout re-join the M40 southbound, then travel back to junction 1A.
- M25 anticlockwise traffic will exit M25 on northbound exit slip and travel north along the M40 and leave at junction 2. At the roundabout re-join the M40 southbound, then travel back to junction 1a.
- On Wednesday 26 September there will be a closure on the northbound carriageway from junction 1 diverge point with exit slip to junction 1 merge point with entry slip, plus southbound carriageway from junction 1 diverge point with exit slip to junction 1 merge point with entry slip.
- Road users will leave A40 at junction 1 northbound and travel around Denham roundabout to join the M40 at junction 1. Leave M40 at junction 1 southbound and travel around Denham roundabout to join the A40 at junction 1
Issued by Highways England.