Are you involved with an organisation which is looking for interesting and informative talks?
If so, please contact CPRE, Hertfordshire’s countryside charity, working across the county to stand up for our countryside and green spaces.
Some of the things the charity works to do are: promote the benefits of the countryside and our natural environment to everyone, wherever they live; raise awareness of the Hertfordshire countryside as a vital space for health and wellbeing; encourage care of our chalk streams, woodlands, fields and hedgerows to help protect landscapes and wildlife.
One of the ways they do this is by offering a variety of interesting talks on the following topics:
- Why we need to protect the countryside – CPRE Hertfordshire’s role
- Exploring Rural Hertfordshire – a walk along the Hertfordshire Way
- Following the Swan – a walk of discovery down the Lea Valley
- A Recent History of Hertfordshire – and how CPRE continues to campaign to protect the countryside
- A Tour of some Churches in Rural Hertfordshire
- Countryside Close to Home – some wildlife in a Hertfordshire garden, and how to attract wildlife to any garden
The charity can adjust the length of any talk to suit the requirements of your meeting. Many talks are illustrated with PowerPoint slides and the speaker can bring a projector; a screen or white wall available in your meeting place is helpful but a screen can be provided if needed.
Being a charity, they do normally ask for a donation which helps to support CPRE’s work in the county. If your group has a small membership this amount can be reduced on request.
For more information or to make a booking, please contact email@example.com.
To find out more about CPRE Hertfordshire please visit www.cpreherts.org.uk.