This Is My Theatre are due to be bringing their production of Alexandre Dumas’ The Three Musketeers to Tring this August. The open-air show will run outdoors at St Bartholomew’s Church, Tring on Wednesday 19 August at 2pm.
Ethan Taylor of This Is My Theatre told us: ‘Although 2020 isn’t quite the year any of us thought it would be, we are very excited to be one of the first theatre companies dusting ourselves off and getting back on the road and we are sure that our our fun-filled show (packed with sword fights, puppetry and live music) will bring some much needed joy this summer. To make sure that everyone is and feels safe we have adapted to the current situation and have a range of measures in place including socially distanced seating, capacity management, pre-sale tickets only and hand sanitizer stations available at every performance. The production will be all that This Is My Theatre audiences have come to love about our shows and we are excited to be re-engaging communities with the arts after these past few months of lockdown!’
This Is My Theatre was founded in 2016 with the aim of producing classical plays and literature that are accessible to all, particularly those living in rural communities. They specialise in making performances for all spaces and are delighted to work regularly with various charities and privately owned buildings to offer communities high quality theatre locally.
- All tickets will be advance sale through the website and telephone box office
- All performances are outdoors
- A doorlist on the day so no tickets necessary – people can just give their name when they arrive
- Social distancing adhered to across the site: a socially distanced picnic plan tailored to each venue with the small, medium and large picnic spaces marked out with space between, queue spots marked for entrance, visors and/or masks used by ushers
- The picnic spaces will be marked with easy to disinfect markers and this will be done between all shows
- A digital programme will be produced so the audience can find out about the company and actors via a link (QRcode) on their picnic space
- Hand sanitizer available at entrance for audience use
- Audience directed to/from picnic spaces in a controlled way to avoid crossing pathways/close proximity to others
- Shows are running straight through without an interval so limiting movement on sites
- Easy ticket swap or refund policy if people are feeling unwell on the day of performance so that people can book with confidence