It is important that you look after yourself during these challenging times, from getting enough sleep, keeping stress levels down, eating well and exercising outside.
- Lindengate is open Mondays 9am–12pm, Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays 1–3pm for free drop-ins, giving you time and space to ‘be’ in a calm, safe environment, whilst relaxing in beautiful natural surroundings.
- Regular exercise has been proven to fight fatigue and boost energy levels, so wrap up warm and visit Lindengate, where you will be able to take time for yourself in the 5-acre therapeutic gardens and wildlife haven.
- Why not bring someone from your household or support bubble, or meet a friend safely for your daily exercise, which can improve your mental wellbeing, through social interaction.
- Whether you are a key worker, or home schooling, there is space for you to bring supervised children and quiet areas for those seeking peace and a safe space.
- There are plenty of sheltered areas dotted about the 5-acre site and being amongst nature boosts your health and wellbeing.
Lindengate is a well-known mental health charity, near Wendover. Whilst they are currently unable to keep all services open, the free drop-in Rest and Reflect sessions, which have been running since June 2020 and welcomed over 1,500 people and are open to anyone who may be struggling with their wellbeing, or just want a safe space to enjoy nature.