Young people can make this Halloween one to remember by entering an online quiz where they can win a magical prize for the whole family.
Hertfordshire Constabulary has teamed up again this year with Warner Bros to give youngsters the chance to win a fantastic family ticket to The Making of Harry Potter in Leavesden.
Over the Halloween and Bonfire Night period, they are inviting young people across the county, between the ages of 5 and 16, to take part in the online quiz, which aims to help them enjoy both nights safely.
The quiz is part of a campaign run during October and November, in partnership with local councils and the Fire and Rescue Service, to deter anti-social behaviour and make sure everyone has a safe and enjoyable time.
To enter the competition, visit www.herts.police.uk/halloween and answer the questions before midnight on Sunday 6 November.
If children (and parents) are planning to go trick or treating, police ask that you consider the following advice to help you stay safe and not cause distress to others:
- Never go trick or treating alone and always take an adult with you.
- Don’t knock on the doors of strangers
- Only visit houses where there are signs that trick or treaters are welcome, such as Halloween decorations and pumpkins outside.
- Keep your Halloween ‘tricks’ safe – damage to property or hurting someone is a crime. Threatening and abusive behaviour can amount to an offence too.
- Remember road safety rules, particularly after dark.
- Wear something bright so that drivers can see you.
- If you are planning on hosting your own firework party make sure you tell all your neighbours, especially those with pets which may be affected by the noise.