Between Friday 16 and Tuesday 20 December 2022 offender(s) removed both number plates from a black Kia Sportage parked in Icknield Way Industrial Estate.
If you have any information relating to this crime, or if you have captured any relevant footage on your CCTV or doorbell camera, please contact the police non-emergency number 101, quoting crime number 41/102697/22 Alternatively, you can give information anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Please be vigilant and report any suspicious activities in the area.
Tips to prevent vehicle crime:
- Ensure you lock doors and shut windows when leaving your vehicle unattended.
- Always remove keys, even if you’re just stopping to buy fuel.
- Never leave valuables in your vehicle, even carrier bags – not even in the glove box or boot.
- Be aware of your keys. Don’t leave them unattended, or in pockets in changing rooms, or visible through your windows or front door.
- If you have a vicinity key, keep it in a signal blocking pouch away from the front of your house.
- Store car ownership documents at home, not in your car.
- Secure number plates with anti-theft screws.
For more detailed vehicle crime prevention information, visit the ‘Protect Your Property’ section of: Crime prevention advice | Hertfordshire Constabulary (herts.police.uk)